Sunday, January 15, 2012

Charcoal

I have been working on the next assignment in the book.  A picture of Groucho Marks was overexposed to make the shadow and light areas very distinct.  Working from a medium toned background in charcoal I am now working on erasing the light areas and darkening others.  It is messy and it is hard to get the light areas very light. The dark areas are smearing into the light areas. Ugh!!!

I don't know if part of my problem with working from a toned background is the quality of the workbook paper or me.  The ground is streaky and uneven no mater how I try to rub the extra off.  It doesn't mater if it is graphite or charcoal.  I plan on trying another charcoal drawing on good paper and will see if it works better.  I hope to be able to post a picture before I leave on vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment