Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Drawing Outdoors

I like trees, and this tree I have seen for years and wanted to draw it. I was afraid that I might have waited too long with the recent storms.   The structure on this tree is amazing. I almost expect a elf or other mythical creature to come froth.  It stands along a walking path on the Ford Motor Company's World Headquarters.  Just less than 500 feet from the expressway.  The path has many different species of trees and I hope to draw many of them.  I wanted to draw this tree before its foliage came out so to better show off its structure.  The two lower branches dip to  less than a foot off the ground.  Drawn with PIGMA Sakura Micron 05 sepia pen.  It was windy and getting colder so I didn't take much time to draw as I would have liked.  Next time I plan on bring a chair.

No comments:

Post a Comment