Sunday, May 6, 2012

Journal on the Go

Trying to work on my journal while we were going on our last wood cutting trip.  I am trying to do my drawings as quickly as I can sketch and then adding later wording and maybe color.
 Bought the eggs from a lady who I think raises the tastiest eggs I have ever had.  (The whites are thick and the yokes are perky and orange!)
We went looking for morels after we finished cutting wood for our home.  The trilliums are now blooming and I came across a tree with pieces of peeled bark all over it.  Turns out that it is a hickory.
This year the weather has been so quirky that some things are way ahead of schedule.  Normally this would be too soon for morels.  Also if we would find them at this time they would be the small black ones, but this is a large white one.

No comments:

Post a Comment