Friday, August 3, 2012

Portrait Month

I have been following several artist on Facebook's Artists' Journal Site.  One artist, Jonas Ericson has been posting portrait sketches every day of himself with different backgrounds, emphasis on different parts of the face, and colors.  I have been so inspired my his postings that I decided I would give it a try during August.  I want to make the sketches loose with minimal line work.  I took a little too long and was too detailed in this sketch, but I hope by the end of the month to get more comfortable with drawing myself.  I feel I did fine in this sketch on the left side, but got carried away on the right elongating my face to the side.  I did the sketch lightly with a 2B pencil and then used watercolor to add color.

No comments:

Post a Comment