Friday, October 5, 2012

Eggplant Botanical

I have been wanting to draw the little eggplant growing in our garden.  I have never grown eggplant before and my husband picked up this one just to see how it would grow.  The fruit grows into 6 inch long globes of deep purple with white stripes. Only 2 globes grew at a time with the other globes waiting to grow until we picked  the ripe ones. I was going to draw the whole plant, but the fruit became so heavy that the plant toppled over and is now lying on its side, so I opted for the drawing of the leaves.  I haven't finished the whole page as I plan on drawing an eggplant dish either Eggplant Parmesan or other dish with it recipe on the other page.  Moleskin watercolor journal 5x8 with Noodler's Lexington gray ink Lami Safari pen and Smith and Daniel watercolors.

No comments:

Post a Comment