Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Seriousness Expressed-Self Portrait

Seriousness.  That and concentration is what I see in my self portrait.  I tried to look mischievous and even have a slight smile, but concentrating on what I was seeing on the mirror took all that away.  I look tired too.  I am going to post this as my new Facebook picture and see what everyone else thinks.  It has taken a year to get to this point.  Last year about this time I bought the book Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain.  My sister-in-law recommended it to me to assist in getting me back into drawing.  I am so glad she did.

Now my next goal is to keep a drawing journal and to draw in it several times a week.  I also what to use it to experiment with different techniques and materials.

No comments:

Post a Comment