Friday, February 24, 2012

Watercolors

My first attempt with watercolors.  I bought a set of watercolor pencils.  I figured they would be easier to work with than the tube or cake.  One thing is nice is that you can wet a brush or sponge and do a background wash or soften the color.  I did a wash on the coyote and after it dried I used the pencils dry on top.  It would have been better with watercolor paper instead of moleskin notebook and more variety in colors.  The paper did warp some after the wash and the coyote turned out more yellow than I wanted.

This is my title page in my art journal.  I saw a picture in my husbands' hunting newspaper with this coyote leaping up in the air after his prey, and thought it would be perfect for the cover on my journal. I don't think it is too bad for my first attempt.

No comments:

Post a Comment