Wednesday, April 11, 2012

The Right Paper for the Job

Well, this is an example of the wrong paper.  I bought a moleskin journal last summer and in the fall started to keep an artist journal.  I didn't think I would ever use watercolors.  The pages are very thin and when I have applied watercolors I have waited at least 8 hours before applying more color.
I wish now I hadn't applied any ink.  I thought at the time it would help define the flowers.  I felt that the paper wouldn't hold up to another application of watercolors, so the flowers are done in watercolor paints and the leaves and background are in watercolor pencils.
These trees are blooming about a month early.  Some of the leaves were reddish brown.  Part of me wants to stop using this journal and use my better quality ones, but I don't want to leave a partially used journal.

No comments:

Post a Comment