Friday, April 6, 2012

Various ways of painting with watercolors

I almost didn't want to post again as I really liked how my last drawing turned out.  This is a watercolor sketch of a pottery incense burner. On the right it is done free hand, the middle one has pencil outline and the one on the right is drawn in ink.  The pottery has a light brown background with a blue glaze and black specks. The burner has many curve surfaces, I think they came out well.  I like parts of each.  I was surprise I could draw the object freehand with paint.  This on line watercolor course has taught me so much and it has been fun.  I have 2 more paintings to finish level 3 and then only one more level.  I plan on taking another on line course from Strathmore when I finish this one called Doodles Unleashed.  I hope it frees me up to using color and stretching my imagination.

No comments:

Post a Comment