Thursday, July 26, 2012

Garden Bound

 When I found out the Arches watercolor paper would crack and fall apart if I folded it and bound it into signatures, I knew I needed to find a different way to put my journal together. I cut all my pages in half (7"x7") and used them to sketch out the different assignments and figured I would have them bound with a spiral binding afterwards.  It was very hard for the lady in Kinkos but she was finally able to get the holes to line up.  It didn't help that the pages are all warped from the watercolor.  (They are now becoming flatter since they were bound.)  The cover is crescent board in black with gold lettering with Gellyroll Pen from Sakura. I drew the bamboo in dashes to simulate an embroidery technique in Japan called Sashiko.  I hope to do another journal this way, but I think I should get the paper bound first.

No comments:

Post a Comment