Saturday, December 3, 2011

Sighting for figure drawing

In the workbook there are some different drawing assignments from the book.  One assignment has you drawing by using sighting lines to get the angles and length of various parts in correctly.  The first drawing pictured is from Henri Matisse called Two Drawings of a Nude Girl Playing a Flute.  The second one is mine.
Drawing from this sketch and trying to fine alignments and angles at first was hard for me.  Then it started to click and I was able to get my copy drawing done.  It was good trying to follow Matisse as I tend to try and put too much detail in.  His fingers and toes are almost child like as he just makes a suggestion of them. 
I have read up on a few of the artist that are considered the masters and found that many started drawing later in life.  So perhaps I am not too late?  Well...if not famous at least I have found a way to express myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment