Monday, November 28, 2011

Changes

While on vacation I felt a little sadness creep in as I had the feeling this would be the last time we would stay in the Clear Lake area.  We have been coming up to this area for about 10 years over the Thanksgiving weekend to give my husband Tom and our son Tim a chance to hunt and still celebrate the holiday. 

 I used my time to capture a few of the items at the cottage we rent.  The fireplace doesn't work and standing in front of it is a trio of metal sculptured frogs playing in a band.  I always thought they were cute so I decided to draw them.  I was able to use their head as my one unit to place them on my format.  I find it easier to draw from real life than a picture. My main problem is being careful that my light source doesn't change while I am drawing.

No comments:

Post a Comment