Sunday, November 27, 2011

Legs

I noticed that in my drawings of the statues at the museum that I seem to be avoiding drawing their legs.  So while I was relaxing up north I brought out my little wood model.  One thing I noticed is that his legs don't bend to well.  I guess the larger size model bends better.  Next time I am at Blicks I will check out the larger model to see if they do.  My model is only about 4" tall.
I found that the legs were fun to draw and not that hard.  The next time at the museum if I find an interesting statue I will make sure to include the legs in my composition if they have any. 

It was nice up north as I was able to draw twice a day.  I took my moleskin sketch pad up and worked on my cross hatching shading and drawing items at the cottage which I will post tomorrow.  My next project will be drawing my son in profile.  He has already agreed to sit for me.  I hope I can capture his likeness.

No comments:

Post a Comment