Friday, November 18, 2011

Lost Art

When I use to draw I mainly drew horses, buildings, trees and flowers.  I alway thought that drawing a person was just beyond me.  When I was at Western I drew a pen and ink drawing of a live oak tree.  I was planning on framing it as it turned out so nice.  My instructor had selected it along with 5 other artist's works to display in the showcase over the next month.  At the end of the month I went to get my picture only to find that of all the drawings that were displayed only mine had disappeared.  I tried to reproduce it, but at the time I was so angry I just couldn't.  Because of moving so many times, water damage etc all my other drawings are gone.  The only other drawing that may still exist from this time was a drawing of a horse I did in pastels I gave my neighbor in Westland.  
I don't know why I stopped drawing back then except that I started studing architecutre and was always drawing  buildings and roadways.  Back then I used an easel in art class but a drafting table at home.  I am excited today as I bought my first easel.  It only cost $25 and is very adaptable and portable.  This should make drawing easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment