Thursday, November 10, 2011

Drawing in the gallery..

I found out that the Detroit Institute of Art has free drawing classes on Friday night and Sunday afternoon.  It was my first time drawing the human form.  It was so exciting and terrifying at the same time.  People are walking by as you draw.  I was so afraid that someone might say something negative.  The other artist drawing were very supportive and encouraging.  It was nice to see the various drawing techniques and skills of the other artist.  The class is held in various parts of the museum.  When I saw the statue of the girl bathing I pick the easel behind her as I found the view interesting.  I didn't draw her legs so I could make another drawing of the standing youth.  When I got home with the drawing I was so excited I couldn't sleep at first.  I also kept the drawings out for a week.  It was very satisfying to look at them.  I plan on going back soon.  Next time I need to work on drawing legs.


No comments:

Post a Comment